About Fortigo | We Run Green
We optimize routes and drive efficiencies
Fortigo is committed to making our equipment run cleaner and more efficiently. We are constantly reviewing emerging technologies and implementing energy saving protocols to help reduce our overall carbon footprint. Several technologies and operational practices that we have implemented to improve fuel efficiency include:
- Regular checks to maintain pressure in our advanced low rolling resistance tires improves fuel economy, regardless of the age of the truck
- Improved aerodynamics through front fairings (“gap reducer”), rear fairings (“boat tail”) and side fairings (“side skirt”)
- Tuning engines to operate efficiently for specific types of routes. For example, trucks that are tuned to operate on flat routes are not as efficient for routes with high elevation.
- Optimized route selection, which can identify not just the shortest route but also the one with the least congestion or stop‐and‐go traffic
- Driver training and accountability. For example, we give our drivers information on metrics (KPIs – Key Performance Indicators) that help them see how operational changes reduce fuel consumption.
- The use of low-viscosity lubricants, reducing idling times, highway speeds and investigating the use of alternative fuels i.e. biodiesel
"We are implementing energy saving protocols to help reduce our overall carbon footprint."